Six Signs Your Lakewood Home Has A Cockroach Problem
Of the many pests in Lakewood, New Jersey that you might encounter in your home, cockroaches are one of the most disgusting. While most people hate seeing these nasty pests and know they are unsanitary, they are actually worse than you might have heard. Cockroaches are one of the most dangerous pests in the area, so it’s important to know what a cockroach infestation looks like.
First of all, you can identify the roach itself by these characteristics:
- They have long, oval-shaped bodies and wings that lie flat on their backs.
- They have six legs and range in size from less than an inch to up to three inches depending on the species.
- They are usually tan to reddish-brown to black in color.
- The most common species in the area are American cockroaches and German cockroaches.
However, while you are more likely to see the actual cockroaches as the infestation grows larger, there are many signs of an infestation you can pick up on first if you know what to watch for.
In this guide, we’ll detail the most prevalent signs of a cockroach problem to help you catch infestations as soon as possible.
Six Signs You Have Cockroaches
These unclean pests tend to stick around humid areas with access to food sources, so they are often found in kitchens and bathrooms. However, they can also spread throughout other areas of a home. Here are some of the main indicators you’re property is dealing with cockroaches:
- You notice weird droppings that look like pepper or ground coffee.
- There is a weird, musty odor that wasn’t there before.
- You’re seeing brown smear marks around walls, baseboards, floors, and appliances.
- Near walls and baseboards, you see discarded skins or body parts of bugs that could be cockroaches.
- There are egg capsules around the home that range in color from white to dark brown.
- You’ve noticed chew marks in food packaging.
And, if you do find even one cockroach crawling around your house, there are likely many more that you're not seeing.
The Dangers Of Cockroaches In The Home
Cockroaches are one of the most dangerous pests in Lakewood because of their ability to transmit so many pathogens. They often spend time around decaying garbage, feces, and other disgusting things, and then, they spread the germs they pick up to our homes.
Cockroaches are known to spread diseases such as typhoid fever, salmonellosis, and E. coli infection. They can also cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks.
The other big concern with cockroaches is that they are so invasive and difficult to eradicate. They are resistant to many pesticides and can even survive for up to a few weeks without their heads. They will also hide in many out-of-reach areas such as inside walls or under appliances, and they reproduce quickly making their infestations hard to stop once they start.
The Most Effective Way To Remove Cockroaches
Because of the dangers that cockroaches bring, the best thing to do if you notice any of the signs mentioned here is to contact the experts at Bugaboo Pest Control.
Our trained technicians can remove these invasive and unsafe pests in an efficient, effective, and safe manner, so you don’t have to worry about them anymore. With our residential pest control plans, you can also be sure that you won’t have cockroaches coming back ever again.
To request your free quote, contact us today.