Cockroaches are one of the most challenging pests to eradicate, and Lakewood has a few species that invade homes. These insects are highly adaptable, persistent, and good at hiding and avoiding detection. If you have been struggling to remove roaches from your home, we are here to help.
We’ll start by describing how to identify cockroaches and review the health risks they pose to your family. We’ll also detail how working with a professional company that offers cockroach control in Lakewood can help you finally say goodbye to these troublesome insects. Keep reading to learn the best way to get rid of cockroaches and how to keep your home roach free with the pros at Bugaboo.
Physical Characteristics Of Roaches: How To Identify Them
The first step in dealing with any pest problem is proper identification. The following list will describe the physical characteristics of the cockroaches in Lakewood that typically infest local homes:
- American cockroaches are the largest, growing up to 2 1/8 inches long, and have reddish-brown bodies with a yellow figure-eight pattern behind the head.
- German cockroaches are the most common, are around 1/2 an inch long, light brown to tan, and have two dark stripes just behind the head.
- Oriental cockroaches are also called waterbugs, average around an inch long, and have shiny black to dark reddish brown bodies.
If you have trouble identifying the species in your home or need help eliminating them, contact us at Bugaboo. Our pros can help you reclaim your home from these dirty pests.
Health Risks: Cockroaches Spread Disease And Trigger Allergies
Having cockroaches in the house is disturbing and uncomfortable, but what’s worse is these insects pose a serious health risk. Outdoors, roaches live among sewage, carrion, and garbage, and their spiny legs and bodies pick up pathogens as they walk through this waste. Once inside your home, they contaminate everything they touch, including your food and cooking surfaces.
Cockroach droppings, saliva, and urine can also trigger allergy symptoms and asthma attacks. Children and people with respiratory conditions are especially susceptible to these allergens. Contact us today at Bugaboo for help eliminating your cockroach infestation and protecting your family from the risks these insects bring to your home.
Professional Roach Extermination: Call The Experts Right Away
The simplest and most effective way to get rid of cockroaches is to contact the pros at the first signs of trouble. The longer cockroaches are inside the house, the more they multiply, and the chances of health problems increase. Contact us today at Bugaboo to learn more about our roach control services or to request a free estimate.
Preventing Cockroaches: Tips For A Roach-Free Home
After we eliminate your cockroach infestation, it is time to learn how to keep cockroaches out of your house for good. Here are some pro tips to keep your home roach-free:
- Keep your home clean and tidy, especially in areas where people eat.
- Avoid leaving food out, including pet food that attracts certain species.
- Store your trash in tightly closed bags, and place it in clean receptacles with secure lids.
- Address moisture issues around the house, such as leaking pipes or areas with high humidity.
- Seal cracks and crevices and install mesh screens over drains and vents.
If you need assistance with Lakewood cockroach control, call the pros at Bugaboo today. We can help you get rid of these pests and set up preventative pest control services to avoid future infestations. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to request a free estimate.