Are Subterranean Termites Difficult To Deal With In Lakewood?
There are many different kinds of termites, but subterranean termites are the most destructive species in the United States. They occupy every state in the U.S. except Alaska. These termite species are found in colonies that contain approximately two million members. These colonies can be underground and above ground and found in moist, isolated areas.
Do you have subterranean termites in your New Jersey home? Find out how Bugaboo Pest Control, the Lakewood pest control experts, can help you and your Lakewood residence be termite-free for good.
Signs Of Subterranean Termites On Your Property
Before undergoing termite control services, you'll want to ensure that you have termites on your property. We understand that termite identification can be tricky, so here are a few signs to help.
Some telltale signs of termites include, but are not limited to:
- Unique "mud tubes" are used by subterranean termites for protection and to gain access to food sources.
- Any evidence of tunneling in the wood.
- The sight of a swarm of flying termites.
- Faint noises that are coming from inside walls or structures.
- Sagging or swollen floors.
- Discarded wings near doors and windowsills.
These pests are known for eating wood 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They do this by utilizing their saw-toothed jaws to chew and bite on wood fragments one piece at a time.
Subterranean termites are known for going months or even years without being detected. Stop subterranean termites in their tracks and contact the professionals at Bugaboo Pest Control at the first sign of a subterranean termite infestation.
How Subterranean Termites Silently Destroy A House
Subterranean termites can silently destroy a house by compromising the structural integrity of your home. These termites can cause hundreds to thousands of dollars worth of damage if left untreated. This happens when subterranean termites:
- Destroy your home's structures.
- Enhance the appearance of water damage.
- Cause sagging, buckling, and swelling of floor and ceilings.
- Create tunnels in your home's foundation.
- Make floors or ceilings collapse.
- Ruin furniture, flooring, and other structures.
Do not take the presence of subterranean termites lightly. They are capable of completely collapsing building structures. In fact, a small colony of subterranean termites can eat 1/5 ounce of wood daily, which is equivalent to five grams. This means that a small colony left untreated in your home can consume 2 3/10 feet of wood in just one year.
If you suspect termites have taken control of your Lakewood home, call the best termite company near you, Bugaboo Pest Control.
Factors That Attract Termites To Your Home
To prevent a termite problem, you'll want to know a few factors that attract subterranean termites to your home. Termites can be drawn toward your property if you have the following:
- Wooden structures, such as fences or furniture, without any sealants or paint for protection.
- Excessive moisture in your home or within any surrounding structures.
- Wood piles close to the house.
- Structures or trees with an existing termite infestation.
- Defects can leave structures vulnerable to termites.
- Water accumulation near your Lakewood home's foundation.
To properly counter a subterranean termite infestation, the first step is to make your Lakewood home look less attractive to any nearby pests. The next step is to call an expert.
The Best Way To Protect Your Home From Subterranean Termites
Although making your home less attractive to termites can help prevent an infestation, this method is not foolproof. Simply put, the best way to protect your Lakewood home from subterranean termites is by calling the professionals at Bugaboo Pest Control.
At Bugaboo Pest Control, we pride ourselves on providing safe, effective, and convenient services to our Lakewood customers. We strive to provide our customers with exceptional service, prioritizing keen attention to detail above all else. Our licensed technicians provide the highest quality termite control products and treatment techniques. We promise to deliver the peace of mind you deserve while providing a safe and caring approach to your home, especially if you have children or pets.
If termites are feasting on your home, don't make matters worse by trying to remove them yourself. Our trained technicians and office staff are here for you every step of the way. Give us a call for a free inspection today!